Closed March 1 through 6am 2nd Saturday in April.
Intermittent sections from the junction of the Blackledge and Jeremy Rivers to the Leesville Dam.
- Trout: 9″ Minimum length-entire river downstream to the Route 151 Bridge.
TROPHY TROUT STREAM
- Entire river in Colchester, East Haddam and East Hampton
- Trout: Daily creel limit—2.
- EXCEPT IN: TROUT MANAGEMENT AREA From confluence of Blackledge and Jeremy Rivers downstream to Route 16 bridge
- Season: Open year-round.
- Methods: Fly fishing only in midsection of area, as posted.
- Trout: Catch and Release Only from September 1 to 6:00 a.m. on the 2nd Saturday in April.
- Daily creel limit—2, 9″ minimum length from 6:00 a.m. 2nd Saturday in April to August 31.
LOWER RIVER/TIDAL WATERS
- no closed season
- Downstream of Route 151 Bridge to junction with Connecticut River.
- Trout: Daily creel limit—2, 15″ minimum length.
- Thermal refuge: Area within 100 feet of signs indicating such closure posted by DEEP at or near the spring along at Sunrise Resort State Park is closed to all fishing from June 15 to September 15.